"In a word, if we want security, let us give security; if we want life, let us give life; if we want opportunities, let us provide opportunities. The yardstick we use for others will be the yardstick which time will use for us."
"I cannot hide my concern for the family, which is threatened, perhaps as never before, from within and without,"
"Fundamental relationships are being called into question, as is the very basis of marriage and the family."
"The Golden Rule reminds us of our responsibility to protect and defend human life at every stage of development."
I apprciate Pope Francis' great leadership in calling the US Congress to defend the principles of peace, compassion, life, and family. We will see if the Congress finds motivation to effect any changes. So, far Representative Boehner has decided to step down as Speaker of the House and retire from politics.
Yet, at the same time I applaud Pope Francis stand on life and family, I hope we in America do not forget the "captivity of our fathers" and the hard-fought political and religious freedom won by the Moravians, Lutherans, and Huguenots in the 30-Years War and the Peace of Westphalia. I hope we do not forget the cause of the American Revolution (control of our currency and credit) and the Civil War (tariffs).
The UN with their new Agenda for 2030, together with Pope Francis and many other smart people are calling for an end to world poverty through political means and world government control of economics. In the past, international deligations have met together and signed agreements. But these deligations haven't had the power to enforce their policies. Many people think these policies and organizations should be given enforcement power.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has a different solution for global poverty. Poverty and welfare are not a political problem, and the solution is not political but spiritual. According to James 1:27, Pure Religion is to "visit the fatherless and the widow", not pure politics. Welfare is the business of religion and not politics. And the answer to poverty is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and not global government. Governments can redistribute wealth but cannot address the virtue issues at the heart.
LDS Missionaries combat poverty throughout the world by teaching the Christian principles of sobriety, health and nutrition in the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity which are at the root cause of poverty. Not that everyone who is poor is guilty of drunkeness and fornication, but oft times the poor are directly and indirectly affected by the sins of others.
Roman and Greek Democracy were destroyed by demoralization in the same way America is being destroyed. The first step is demoralization by drug abuse (Silk Road) and immorality (Pompeii) which leads to greater poverty and social injustice. Then corrupt socialist leaders (Caesars) come to power promising to end poverty if they were given all the power. The Ceasers implemented government welfare and the redistribution of wealth (free bread and circus) but did not stop the flow of illicit drugs and the great moral perversions. Rome became bankrupt to support its welfare programs while sending all its gold to Asia. This led to Rome conquering its neighbors for their gold and hiring Barbarians to serve in the Roman Legions to keep the Ponzi scheme going until everything finally collapsed. But it all started with demoralization.
In addition to encouraging a world-wide "return to virtue", the world does need economic reform. We already have a global private central banking system (G20) that has caused much of the political and economic exploitation in the world. I can't see how turning over more political and economic control to globalists is the answer. (power corrupts).
Instead the God-inspired US Constitution calls for a simple, free-market, non-capitalistic, economic system that was never effectively implemented. What we got in the US was another European Fractional Reserve Banking system which allowed the rise of the Robber Barons. This is because after the US Treasury lends big banks $1000 at prime interest, the big banks via fractional reserve principles are permitted to lend out $10,000 and collect usury on that $10,000 which becomes $20,000 or $30,000 or more. With this system and the US Dollar as the world reserve currency, the central bankers, and capitalists who can borrow directly from the FED have been enabled to buy up and exploit the world (labor and resources).
So, in the end, instead of the Congress "coining" the money and regulating its value, the big banks end up effectively creating most of the "virual currency" via fractional reserve lending and usury. Instead, of the complicated system we have now, every country on Earth can implement their own national full-reserve currency and credit system.
1. National currency prevents currency wars
2. US Treasury creates 100% money
3. Local Safety Society System Banks serve as agents for loan approval. Safety Societies are non-profit and collect loan-origination fees only.
4. Full Reserve loans are qualified for and money created on-demand as an individual or community or group is credit worthy.
5. Money comes from the US Treasury via local non-profit SSS Bank that serves as an agent of the US Treasury.
6. US Treasury charges a simple prime interest rate: a. regulates value of currency b. prevents inflation, c. voluntary tax/generates revenue d. incentivizes saving over borrowing e. incentivizes paying off debt early.
7. Full Reserve loans can only be made
for real assets like land, infrastructure, and buildings. You cannot borrow for speculative securities. This way the SSS Bank has something of value to repossess if the borrower defaults.
8. There can be venture capitalist and speculative investing but not by SSS (restores Glass-Steagall).
9. Land, Infrastructure, all proven natural resources, development, houses and buildings are themselves the backing for the national currency.
10. Value of things is calculated based upon the quantity and quality of labor needed to produce the item or service.
11. Borrowers repay loans monthly and earn equity from first paymeny. No amortization schedule.
12. Missed payments are deducted from equity serve as loan insurrance (instant reverse mortgage).
13. Loan default only occurs when borrower has lost all equity and property is repossessed by bank who can then manage or resell real asset to prevent losses.
14. US Government ends the income tax and generates revenue via prime interest collection and tariffs and other fees.
15. 100% of deposits are kept at the SSS Bank at all times and never lent out Deposits are ready for immediate withdrawal at any time. There can never be a run on a Safety Society. SSS Banks never have to borrow from other banks.