If you don't know what I'm going to be talking about, please read Ether 8. We would all prefer like Lehi for our minds to be wrapped up in the joys of eternity but Nephi, Mormon and Moroni all made a clear point to warn future Gentiles of the filthiness of the water. So, for the awake people:
1. When it comes to conspiracy, Pres. J Ruben Clark and N Eldon Tanner and others Prophets and Apostles have clarified the LDS strategy. If we get in front of the train on track 1 it will just run you over. The way we win this battle is on Track 2. We need to be focusing our efforts on building Zion. That does't mean individual members don't have a civic duty. I just don't expect the LDS leadership to be doing my job for me. Let them do their job.
2. When it comes to Constitutional issues, the most important issue is morality and family values. The power that Satan has over America began with our demoralization. This is why I never was a Ron Paul or Libertarian supporter. They can speak up all day about gun rights or privacy etc but unless we repent and correct the demoralization part, we will never save the Constitution.
3. I feel like the Brethren nicely drew the line in the sand in this last General Conference when it comes to issues of morality and family values.
4. Not that anyone does, We need to also submit to our priesthood authority and not be so "lofty" in our thinking assuming our "being Awake" gives us license to second guess our Priesthood Authority and "steady the ark".
5. In addition to Pres. J Ruben Clark, and Pres. Ezra T Benson, No one was more awake than N Eldon Tanner. He is my favorite LDS Politician who was Oil man, Banker, and Canadian Cabinet member who secured mineral/oil rights in Alberta for the benefit of its citizens. Talk about being an insider. No other LDS Politician was more successful in my opinion.
6. I am 100% confidence Pres. Monson is fully awake. He has been an Apostle for 50 years and had close assiciation with Pres. J Ruben Clark, Pres. N. Eldon Tanner, and Pres. Ezra T. Benson. The Brethern know what they are doing.
14 And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles, shall be cut off from among the people; (Doctrine and Covenants, Doctrine and Covenants, D&C 1)
We are expected to submit to God's priesthood authority, yet our leaders sometimes lacked wisdom, or erred or sinned. But I'll let the Lord judge and do the chastening of his servants, and NOT me.
24 Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding.
25 And inasmuch as they erred it might be made known;
26 And inasmuch as they sought wisdom they might be instructed;
27 And inasmuch as they sinned they might be chastened, that they might repent;
28 And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time. (Doctrine and Covenants, Doctrine and Covenants, D&C 1)